Today’s passage: Colossians 1:3-8
- Epaphras was the one who took the gospel to Colossae. Paul didn’t have to be the one to preach the gospel to plant this church. The gospel is the same and just as powerful no matter who God uses to proclaim it!
- For Paul, the knowledge of the birth and growth of this church in a place he had not traveled resulted in thanksgiving.
- Paul often included in his letters the importance of faith, hope and love in the life of a Christian. These critical qualities are found again here in Colossians 1:4-5.
Questions to consider:
- What is the goal of our service and gospel ministry? Why can it be tempting at times to want to be the person who “got the results?”
- In what ways could this church have been blessed because the Apostle Paul wasn’t the one who came and planted the church?
- For which ministries, fellow Christians, or people you hope to be saved could you pray today? In what ways could you faithfully serve them? How could you encourage others by appreciating their efforts to serve the Lord?