Today’s passage: Daniel 2:17-24
- In this moment of great need and desperation, Daniel and his faithful friends prayed. Only God could have provided what they needed, and they went to Him.
- God heard their prayer, understood their prayer, and answered their prayer. Our omniscient God is relational.
- He is almighty and transcendent.
- He is caring and near.
- We know things about God because He has revealed Himself (And knowledge and wisdom) to us.
- David rightly gave the credit and the praise to God, not to himself.
Questions to consider:
- Why was praying the right thing to do in this situation? Why is it also a good thing to remember that Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah had been praying and living for the Lord prior to this moment of crisis?
- What do you think all the other “wise men” were doing during this time? Who were they seeking for help? What ideas were they trying to come up with?
- In what ways are the characteristics (or attributes) and actions of God on display in this passage consistent with the message of the Gospel?