Today’s passage: Exodus 15
- Having been saved and freed from Egyptian bondage, Moses, Miriam and all Israel sang songs of praise to the Lord.
- Moses’ song declared the champion of this great victory and the blessings of the results. The surrounding nations would know that God was the defender of Israel.
- After three days’ journey on the other side of the Red Sea, the people grumbled again and the Lord showed them (again) they were to trust in Him.
- There was water at their next stop (Verse 27). God tested the people to teach them. He was their redeemer, leader, ruler, provider…and their healer.
Questions to consider:
- What is the answer to verse 11? Who alone is worthy of our praise, worship, obedience, etc.?
- After the questions and observations of verses 11-12, the people acknowledge God’s actions and look forward to what is to come. What are the key verbs describing God’s actions for the benefit of His people in verses 13-18? How has God redeemed and continued to lead you?
- What is something you have learned from the Lord in times of trials or testing? For the Christian, why can we know that these times of hardship are more than just hardships?