Today’s passage: Hebrews 11:29-40
- Today’s passage concludes the section often called, “The Hall of Faith.”
- As we read through this compelling list through the history of man, we also see a compelling list of God’s gracious activity for and through mankind.
- This is both a hall of faith and evidence of God’s actions and grace given to man.
- All of the amazing “stories” we read in the Old Testament convey inferior experiences to what we have today through Christ in the New Covenant (Verses 39-40). There were some pretty amazing experiences that a few had during Old Testament times, but what we have today in Christ is far better.
Questions to consider:
- Which accounts stick out the most to you from this passage? What makes them so compelling? How was God’s glorious grace put on display?
- What is the miracle (Or the amazing event) that occurred which all Christians participate in through faith? How did Christ bring us into the New Covenant and why is that miracle all we would ever need?
- What does it mean when it says in verse 38 that, “The world was not worthy?” Of what is the world not worthy? Why are we not worthy? What makes it possible for us to know the truth, to believe it, to be changed by it, etc.?