Today’s passage: Hosea 11:1-12:1
- Verse 1 is cited in Matthew 2:15. Jesus Christ made the same journey out of Egypt.
- Again, it is possible to call out to the Lord for assistance while turning away from Him. (Matthew 7:21-23)
- This is an incredibly important distinction, “I am God and not a man.”
Questions to consider:
- How would a mere man respond to Israel as they continually rejected him? Why should we be so thankful that God is who He says He is?
- Why would it be wrong to view Him as only a little better/stronger/wiser than a human? Is God just a super human or something much more?
- How is it possible for God not to pour out His wrath against my sin on me?