Today’s passage: Isaiah 10:20-34
- The Lord is in complete control. He knows who the remnant is, He knows when judgment should come, He knows when destruction should cease, and He will see to it according to His perfect righteous will.
- Even when Israel/Judah were “under the control” of nations like Egypt or Assyria, God was in complete control.
- The Assyrians had grown “fat” due to their oppression of Judah (i.e. Taxes). Their fatness would be their downfall (Verse 27).
Questions to consider:
- Why is it helpful to some and troubling to others that God is in complete control (Especially when “bad things” happen)? Why is it so important to remember that His will is perfect, righteous and just?
- Can you think of a time in your life when you eventually realized that God’s timing was better than your own?
- Does God only use people who are following Him or is He even able to use those who are not? How does God’s ability to use the Assyrians for His purposes display His power and glory? How can that help you during difficult times?