Today’s passage: Isaiah 11
- This “Shoot” or “Branch” can be no one but Jesus Christ.
- Christ will not rule as other men, being easily persuaded or tricked. His judgment will be perfect.
- God’s transforming, recreating power will return things to Eden like conditions.
- The destruction of the final verses (15-16) is not of peoples or nations, but instead barriers that would prevent people from having easy access to the LORD. Once judgment is completed, God will make it so that the nations have “highways” to get to the LORD in Jerusalem!
Questions to consider:
- What will be different in that day? What do you look forward to the most? What things that are wrong in the world will be made right?
- What is the difference between the “Coming” that occurs when Christ returns and the “Going” that Christ has called us to while we wait for His return?
- How long has God been including the nations? Was the worship of the LORD ever intended to be exclusively limited to Israel?