Today’s passage: Isaiah 4
- Verse 1 serves as the completion of the content of the third chapter.
- This “Branch” in verse 2 is Jesus Christ (Jeremiah 23:5).
- When God’s judgment is completed, the remnant who remains will be made holy/set apart unto God. They will believe and worship Jesus.
Questions to consider:
- When is “that day”? When will the Branch return to rule and reign on this earth? (Not trying to predict a date…but think about the order of events in prophecy)
- How did the cloud by day and pillar of fire by night show Israel God’s presence during the exodus? What would it point forward to (Hint: Isaiah used the word “Create”)? (Revelation 21:1-3)
- Why were these promises for the coming King and the New Heavens and New Earth time given to the people of Judah while they were living like we have seen describes over the last few chapters? If I am in sin against God and I hear about what He is going to do, what is the only right response?