Today’s passage: Isaiah 49
- The body of the life inside a mother’s womb is a different body (Verse 1). “My body, my choice” is a false assertion. When Jesus was in Mary’s womb, Jesus was in Mary’s womb. To abort is to take the life of another.
- The Messiah is speaking in the first person in verses 1-5 and He is the “you” in verses 6-8.
- Even is verse 3, the Messiah is referred to as “Israel” being the nation’s representative as king.
- Verse 4 depicts the apparent failure of Christ’s first coming (From the world’s perspective)…but His ultimate victory.
- The in-gathering of God’s people from among the nations will be too many for the land to handle in the millennial kingdom (Verses 19-21).
- Instead of fighting against Israel for their land, the nations will assist and join Israel under the reign of Jesus Christ.
Questions to consider:
- How far will God’s salvation reach (Verse 6)? Why did the Gospel message concerning the Light of the world, reach you in this foreign land? Who promised that and brought it about?
- How do these promises from God compare to the old saying, “God helps those who help themselves?” What condition will Israel be in and why will that glorify God?
- No matter what your news feed says when you check it in a few minutes, who is going to rule and reign on this earth? Who wins in the end? Whose “side” should you be on today in light of that truth?