Today’s passage: Isaiah 50
- The answer to the first question in verse 1 is this: There is no certificate of divorce for Judah. God is still joined to her and He will fulfill His covenant promises.
- Verses 4-11 are again from the voice of the Messiah.
- Jesus set his face like a flint to go to the cross (Luke 9:51).
Questions to consider:
- If we ever feel as though God has failed to show Himself strong enough, by what standard (Or by whose standard) are we judging Him? How did God prove or how has God proven Himself over and over to Israel? To us?
- What is the reason and the means of Christ being presented a bride “in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish?” (Ephesians 5:27)
- What is the natural condition of the bride? What is she prone to do even after being set apart (After our conversion)? What did it take to make us holy/to set us apart? Whose doing will produce our perfection?