Today’s passage: Isaiah 62
- When God initiates the kingdom in Zion, the prophets will only need to prophecy praises to the Lord.
- Israel (And all of us) have earned the names Desolate and Forsaken…yet God has chosen to delight in her and cause her to become a beautiful crown. What grace!
- There will come a day when Jerusalem will never see defeat again. God has promised it.
Questions to consider:
- Who is Zion’s righteousness? Therefore, who is Zion’s glory?
- What are the names that were given to the people of God in this chapter? What do they teach us about God? What do they teach us about the basis of our relationship with Him?
- What it is like (Or what would it be like) for a young man to purely delight in his new bride? What emotions and excitement does he feel? How do those joys and passions translate to a people being excited for the land of Israel and for God to be excited for His people? How could that joy translate to our love for the church and our eagerness for Christ’s return?