Today’s passage: Isaiah 63
- Revelation 19:11-21
- The Messiah is just in His wrath and mighty to save.
- Isaiah knows that any good that came to Israel came because of God’s gracious choice and so, he asks for God’s action again. This chapter sounds much like John’s final request in Revelation 22:20, “Come, Lord Jesus.”
Questions to consider:
- Who was/is worthy to both execute justice and provide righteousness to the redeemed (Verse 5)?
- What was the result of God’s apparent lack of applied grace (Verse 17)? What challenging questions could this cause us to ask? If left to ourselves, what would we choose? What is required for us to desire to follow and fear God?
- Why is it only right for God’s name to be glorified when we consider the good that comes to mankind, to ourselves, to the church? What are the reasons you have to praise and glorify the Lord?