Today’s passage: James 2:14-17
- Verses 15-16 serve as an illustration for verses 14 and 17. Be careful not to make a bigger deal out of illustrations than what they are illustrating…
- That being said, if you come to church on Sunday and your brother-in-Christ lost his job and has nothing to feed his family, it would be great to invite them over for lunch if you are able.
- Genuine faith results in works. A person who has put their faith in Christ is going to change.
- Dead faith (Non-existent – The person says they have faith, but they don’t) results in no change.
Questions to consider:
- How does the use of “brother or sister” impact the illustration in verses 15-16? How would that compare with Galatians 6:10?
- How could a passage like this be helpful if a person says they prayed to get saved but refuses to repent and renounce a sinful lifestyle?
- What changes have you seen in your life since God saved you? What growth can you thank and praise the Lord for today?