Today’s passage: James 2:18-26
- Abraham’s belief was shown to be sincere in his obedience.
- Righteousness was counted to Abraham by faith.
- Faith produced and was evidenced by obedience.
- There is a difference between believing that Jesus is the Son of God who died on the cross and putting your faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross for your sin.
- One results in continued rebellion (Even the demons believe).
- One results in obedience (The lordship of Christ).
Questions to consider:
- Why is morality for the sake of getting into Heaven (Works-based salvation) still disobedience? Is that kind of work an evidence of faith or rebellion against God?
- Why do you do the “good” things you do? What is your motivation? Who are you pleased to please?
- Am I saved if I still don’t want Jesus to be my Lord and master? Can I evidence faith through obedience if I have no desire to obey?