Today’s passage: James 4:1-3
- If there is strife and turmoil all around you, it’s not everyone else’s fault.
- We do what we do because we want what we want.
- If I am willing to sin in order to get something, or if I sin because I didn’t get what I wanted, I have supplanted God’s rule over my life.
Questions to consider:
- Would you consider the heart of the person/people described in today’s passage as humble or full of bitter jealousy and selfish ambition (See James 3:13-18)?
- How is this pattern of being prideful and selfish the opposite of loving and the opposite of freedom?
- When anger or bitterness well up in your heart, what would be a good question to ask yourself before you act or speak in a destructive manner? How could this passage help you to have victory in those moments?