Today’s passage: James 5:1-6
- In chapter 5, James will address the oppressor and the oppressed.
- The very riches the oppressor loves will become loathsome once they are used against him in judgment.
- The oppressor even abuses the legal system to murder the innocent.
Questions to consider:
- How does a passage like this help us to look at money? Was the money the problem or the heart of the one who sinfully gained and possessed it?
- If the oppressor will grow to hate their riches once they turn against him, what/who does he truly value the most?
- In what ways does the lack of resistance challenge your thinking? What testimony does it give to the oppressor? How would it glorify God?