Today’s passage: Joshua 22:1-9
- Since what was required of them was completed, the fighting men of the tribes that would settle east of the Jordan River are being released to head to their new homes. (For further information, see Numbers 32)
- There is a repeated emphasis of Moses and Joshua being servants of the Lord and the Lord fulfilling His promises.
- After thanking these tribes for their obedience and service, Joshua reminds them to faithfully love and obey the Lord as they go back to the east, away from the rest of Israel.
Questions to consider:
- Why would it be fitting that Joshua bid farewell to these tribe by reminding them of the Great Commandment (Deuteronomy 6:4-5)?
- What does it mean to love the Lord with all your heart, soul and might?