Today’s passage: Joshua 21:1-45
- The Levites were not given boundaries of land as an inheritance because the Lord was their inheritance. However, they were given cities and scattered about all of the other tribes.
- There could now be teachers of the Law among all the people of Israel as the Levites settled into these various cities. (Deuteronomy 33:10)
- God accomplished all He promised to do.
Questions to consider:
- How were the Levites blessed in being spread around Israel? How would that help them to succeed in what God had called them to do? How was all Israel to be blessed by the scattering of the Levites?
- If God did everything He had promised and gave Israel all of these cities and the surrounding land, why did they not yet possess all of it? Who fell short? What was left unfinished? What reasons have we seen recently that certain tribes did not take possession of land God had given them?
- How important is it to know what God’s promises are for us? How can the faithfulness of God to keep His promises encourage you today?