Today’s passage: Joshua 24:1-13
- God reminds Israel where they came from and why they are where they are.
- Abraham and his family were pagans.
- God took Abraham and led him, and gave to him, etc.
- And, God brought all Israel out of Egypt, brought them into the land, defeated their enemies and gave them the land.
Questions to consider:
- Can you find all of the things that God did in this passage?
- If Israel were to look back at their history, should they praise Abraham and Moses? Who was responsible for their existence, for their survival, and for their present possession of the land?
- If we take personal credit for all the good stuff that happens in life and then blame God for all the bad stuff, what impact would that have? Why is it foolish? Who is the giver of every good gift (James 1:17)? How would praising the Lord for all His blessings help you to worship and serve Him today?