Today’s passage: Joshua 23:1-16
- In chapter 23, Joshua gives a post-conquest charge to the nation.
- The nation is reminded of Who gave them victory.
- The nation is reminded of Who they are to worship and how they are to live.
- Their response is found in Judges 2:1-13.
Questions to consider:
- Even though it has now been a “long time” after the tribes received their allotment, what is there still to do? What have they not yet finished?
- How does this speech compare to that of Moses in Deuteronomy 30:11-20? How were Moses and Joshua loving the nation of Israel by sharing these encouragements and warnings?
- What can happen if we minimize the importance of warnings from others who love us?