Today’s passage: Judges 1:27-36
- Israel was commanded to destroy everything and everyone in the Promised Land (Deuteronomy 20:16-18).
- Dan seems to have fared the worst even though they had the second largest number of troops (Numbers 2).
- The chapter pointedly ends with a description of the land of the Amorites instead of a description of the land of Israel.
Questions to consider:
- What seems to be the theme of this passage? What didn’t Israel do?
- Are God’s commands contingent on our ability? Are there things that God has commanded you to do, that you can not obey?
- What keeps us from doing the things we know God has told us to do? What could you do today in obedience to Him?