Today’s passage: Judges 2:1-5
- God told Moses this was going to happen (Deuteronomy 31:16) and warned Israel (Numbers 33:50-56, Joshua 23:13). God remained faithful, Israel broke her covenant.
- The town of Bochim was named after the weeping of the people of Israel.
- The weeping and offering of a sacrifice seem to look like a change of direction. But, time (What we see as we continue to read) will tell.
Questions to consider:
- If Israel was truly repentant, what would have been the reason/motivation for their weeping and sacrifice?
- If Israel was not truly repentant, what could have been the reason/motivation for their weeping and sacrifice?
- Emotions are good. They help to reveal what is in our hearts. But, why can’t we measure the maturity and sincerity of a person based on emotionalism? Where do we truly see the fruit of the Spirit in a believer?