Today’s passage: Judges 20:19-48
- The tribe of Benjamin had sided with the sinful city of Gibeah, and now believed, after two days of unnaturally successful battle, they would have the upper hand against the rest of Israel.
- Israel would eventually rout the Benjamites, but not without great loss and not without crying out to the LORD.
- The tribe of Benjamin was nearly entirely destroyed.
Questions to consider:
- After all of the battles and struggles of the book of Judges, who now appears to be Israel’s worst enemy?
- Were the Benjamites the only people to suffer consequences for their sin? Do we get to control or limit the extent of the consequences of our sin?