Today’s passage: Judges 6:1-10
- The Midianites were descended from Abraham by his wife Keturah (Genesis 25:1-4). Moses married a Midianite woman (Exodus 2:16-22).
- Israel resorted to hiding in caves while all their goods were taken away. They were brought “very low”.
- Israel cried out for help, but there are still no signs of repentance.
Questions to consider:
- How did Israel end up being seemingly at the mercy of their distant relatives? Who gave them over to the Midianites?
- What made Israel cry out to God? What was their greatest concern?
- What was God’s response to Israel’s non-repentant cry for help? What did He communicate to them? What should have been the result?