Today’s passage: Luke 10:38-42
- The things that Martha was doing were not wrong in and of themselves. She wanted to show great hospitality.
- Martha wanted to provide Jesus with a banquet. Jesus was already providing a banquet and Martha was declining.
- “No spiritual discipline is more important than the intake of God’s Word.” – Don Whitney
Questions to consider:
- Even though both sisters desired to honor Christ in this passage, which one was showing Him the greatest honor? What about Mary’s action honored Christ more? What had Jesus desired to give to His hosts in that moment?
- Do you ever feel like you aren’t “getting anything done” when you are spending time in the Word? Why do we think that way? Why is that thinking incorrect?
- What are the things that most often distract you from hearing from God in His Word? How can learning from Him help you to better think about the things that distract you?