Today’s passage: Luke 11:1-13
- God wants us to pray!
- He is to be hallowed (Greatly revered, honored).
- He is a loving Father.
- A sincere heart is far more important than many words.
- A good father will not give his children “serpents” and “scorpions”, even when they ask for them.
Questions to consider:
- What kinds of things did Jesus include in this prayer? How could it serve as a model for us? (See also Matthew 6:9-13)
- Is it possible that some of our requests that seem to be good are in fact “scorpions”? What might be some examples? What kinds of gifts does God give (James 1:17)?
- How does the fact that God deserves to be hallowed and that His kingdom is assuredly coming reinforce your prayers? How does it reinforce your faith in His goodness, even if things don’t go they way you thought they should?