Today’s passage: Luke 24:1-12
- Jesus is alive! Right now!
- The resurrection was not a twist in the plot. The angels reminded the women that Jesus had told them this was going to happen. This was all God’s plan and doing.
- The disciples initial response was similar to that of the women. “They did not believe…” (Verse 11)
Questions to consider:
- If Jesus was still dead, where would the Roman soldiers have been? What would the Jews have been doing? Would the disciples be perplexed? How do all of these responses give further evidence to His resurrection?
- Why might it be troubling that the disciples still do not believe? Who heard Jesus the most? Who saw all of His miracles? How is the natural condition of our hearts being evidenced?
- If Jesus was a sinner or if His mission was left unfulfilled, where would His body have remained? Why can’t you believe that Jesus was a prophet or a good teacher and also believe that He isn’t LORD and/or remains in the grave? What kind of belief does His resurrection demand?