Today’s passage: Luke 24:13-35
- These disciples, even after hearing the testimony of the empty grave, had relegated Jesus to the level of prophet, not Messiah. They had hoped…
- This testimony further affirms that the disciples did not steal the body, as the Jews declared (Matthew 28:11-15).
- Jesus death and resurrection were not a change of plans. Jesus did exactly what the Old Testament (“Moses and all the prophets”) taught He would do!
- The women shared eye-witness testimony, Jesus instantaneously vanished before there eyes, and the thing that elicited awe from these men…the teaching/exposition of the Word of God.
- Romans 10:17 – So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
Questions to consider:
- What had to happen for these men to believe? What did they hear? Who opened their eyes?
- What was Jesus’ evangelism strategy? What did He do first? On what basis of authority did He share the message?
- Who could you pray for and share the Word of God with today, that their eyes might be opened in belief?