Today’s passage: Luke 2:8-21
- Who would receive this amazing news first? The priests? Dignitaries? No… Shepherds. Uneducated, undignified shepherds.
- We are to show no partiality. “Has God not chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom?” (James 2:1-13)
- This announcement was good news of great joy for ALL the people.
- The word evangelism means bringing good news!
- The Savior was born to save His people from their sins (Matthew 1:21).
Questions to consider:
- What kinds of “partiality” does this passage destroy? What kind of partiality are we more prone to practice today in our culture?
- What was the “good news”? Who had arrived? What had he come to do?
- Why should this good news fill us with great joy? Why should you walk away from this devotional with great joy?