Today’s passage: Luke 4:42-5:11
- If you could have a man that can heal all diseases and cast out all demons, you might want him to stick around. But that was not why Jesus came. He had to go preach the good news!
- Crowds also pressed in on Him to hear Him preach the word of God (5:1).
- Jesus graciously chose and changed these men, they left everything and followed Him.
Questions to consider:
- What was unique about Peter’s response to Jesus compared to many others who wanted to be close to Jesus? What did Peter understand?
- Why was Peter allowed to remain in Christ’s presence? (Think back to a similar occurrence in Isaiah 6:1-7) What brings you into relationship and what grants you access to fellowship with God?
- Why did it make perfect sense for these fishermen to leave all their gear behind to become fishers of men at the command of Jesus?