Today’s passage: Luke 6:12-19
- There was no try-out for becoming a disciple/apostle. They were chosen. (John 15:16)
- The Apostles were specifically chosen for a specific task of representation and communication. To proclaim Jesus.
- Before choosing the twelve, Jesus prayed all night long.
- Jesus compassionately and powerfully gave this crowd a taste of Heaven.
- All demons were expelled.
- There was no more sickness.
- Truth was proclaimed.
Questions to consider:
- In what way is your choosing similar in nature to the choosing of the Apostles? (Not that you are an apostle…but what does God choosing you result in?) Check out Ephesians 2:7.
- How does drawing near to God and asking Him for wisdom help us in making biblical, godly decisions?
- In what ways does the church gathered give us a taste of Heaven? In what ways can every member contribute to this function of our heavenly kingdom embassy?