Today’s passage: Luke 6:20-26
- The poor are those who are entirely dependent on others (Or Another) to care for their needs.
- We hunger because we cannot be satisfied with our own righteousness.
- The one who weeps now is the one who recognizes their helpless condition before God.
- John 15:18 – “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.”
Questions to consider:
- What kind of poverty or hunger is Jesus talking about in this passage? What is true of us because of our sin?
- What are people not realizing if they think they are rich, full, and laughing (Happy) without Jesus?
- How would Jesus’ words have been an encouragement to Stephen even during his persecution (Acts 7:51-60)? What makes us rich? What fills us and gives us joy? How long will our joy last?