Today’s passage: Luke 7:1-17
- The greatest faith Jesus found in Israel was that of a Gentile.
- The faith of the centurion was evidenced by the way he viewed/treated people, the way he shared his resources, and the way he showed respect to the Son of God.
- God is sovereign and all-powerful over His creation.
- Jesus showed up in Nain at just the right time, for just the right purpose.
- Touching the coffin of a dead man didn’t make Jesus unclean. Jesus touched the coffin of a dead man and His creation was brought back to life.
Questions to consider:
- Who asked Jesus to go heal the centurion’s servant? What might be surprising about this? What seems to have motivated them to go to Jesus?
- What did the centurion believe that Jesus was able to do? What did this communicate of Jesus’ identity and power?
- What motivated Jesus to raise the dead man in Nain? What was He accomplishing?