Today’s passage: Luke 8:16-21
- This illustration is given after the parable of the good soil where the seed was the Word of God, the Gospel message. Whoever has received this light is to shine it before others!
- A false disciple will hear the message and will not share it with others. A true disciple will shine the light.
- Jesus clearly did not disregard his mother and his brothers (John 19:26-27). In verse 17 and in verse 21, Jesus is confirming that the true people of God (The family of God) will truly follow Him.
Questions to consider:
- When people might doubt their salvation, what could we point them to that would be more evident than reminding them that they prayed a prayer? What evidences did Jesus point to in this passage that assure us that we are in His family?
- How should the great access we have to the Word of God today be a challenge to us for continued study and growth (To whom much is given, much is required)?
- In what ways are you shining the light of the Word of God? Who have you shared the Gospel with recently? Who could you share Christ with today?