Today’s passage: Luke 8:22-25
- Jesus, fully God and fully man, needed to sleep.
- The disciples who were fishermen and knowledgeable in sailing had tried everything they knew to save themselves. There was only one on that boat who could save them.
- Jesus knew what He had taken on flesh to do. There was no reason to fear.
Questions to consider:
- What are the answers to the questions asked in verse 25? How do the commands and questions in this passage set Jesus apart from the disciples?
- What response would have showed faith in the disciples?
- How can this passage encourage us to show faith during “storms” in this life? Even if God allows the storm to continue? (Jesus was going to the cross. Where are you going?) What promises has God made that you can specifically count on?