Today’s passage: Matthew 10:16-25
- Jesus sends out His sheep into the wolves’ territory.
- Jesus does not call His children to be willfully ignorant of the nature of man.
- When a disciple would endure persecution, Jesus promises that the Spirit would minister through them. They won’t be left alone.
- The Pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons by the prince of demons in 9:34.
Questions to consider:
- Does God ever send His children into places that are not physically safe? (See verse 16) Does He expect His children to be careless in the danger? (See verses 16-17)
- Who is doing the persecuting of these disciples specifically, the Gentiles or Israel? Should we be surprised when our main opponents seem to be coming from within? (See Acts 20:29-30)
- What is the problem with the fear of people’s rejection keeping us from sharing the Gospel? What does this passage promise will be true? Is it an appropriate goal for a Christian to be completely un-hated?