Today’s passage: Matthew 10:26-33
- Carried over from yesterday’s passage, becoming more like Christ will result in opposition.
- Jesus gives three ways to NOT be afraid:
- Speak with holy boldness (“in the light” and “on the housetops”)
- Keep an eternal perspective (vs. 28)
- Remember your heavenly Father
- People who know you for a period of time will know that you are a Christian if you are following Jesus.
Questions to consider:
- What is our source of courage?
- What is the message that must be proclaimed? How would we acknowledge Christ before men?
- What is being valued and worshiped in the heart of a Christian who tries to hide their faith? What would confession and repentance look like?