Today’s passage: Matthew 10:34-39
- There is a war going on, right now.
- If you are in Christ, you are on the Lord’s side.
- This passage, among many others, reminds us that we are not the center of the universe (or even our church or our own homes). It’s not about you.
- Jesus calls us to love Him supremely, no matter the cost.
Questions to consider:
- Why isn’t it wrong to call other people our enemy? What has Jesus commanded us to do to our enemies?
- Why is the pull so strong to put our family and friends before Jesus? If we deny Jesus to make our own mother or father happy, what are we doing? Who are we trying to truly benefit? Is that love?
- What does it mean to take up your cross and follow Jesus?