Today’s passage: Matthew 10:40-42
- When we think of who “you” is (“Whoever receives you”), we need to look back at the rest of chapter 10.
- This is the reception of a person who is defined by their following of Jesus and is proclaiming the Gospel.
- People who receive that kind of person, cannot do so without also receiving what they stand for/live for.
- Both people share the reward!
- “These little ones” are disciples as well. Serving those who are young in the faith is a great ministry!
Questions to consider:
- Can you think of some ways our church has “received” and partnered with other Christians over the years? Praise God!
- What does the fact that God not only saves us, but also rewards us for living for Him by His grace make you think about the goodness and kindness of God?
- How does a focus and passion for the glory of God and the spread of the Gospel impact your relationships with other believers?