Today’s passage: Matthew 11:20-24
- In the cities where most of Christ’s mighty works had been done, there was little to no repentance.
- These cities were not showing animosity toward Christ. They simply did not believe and obey. Indifference to the Gospel and Jesus Christ is not an option. It is sin.
- The fact that they had access to the message and the display of miracles of Jesus made their rejection of Him of greater consequence than other cities who never heard. They were responsible for their knowledge.
Questions to consider:
- Does seeing a miracle or hearing a great Gospel message guarantee a person will become a believer? Why not? What all happens when you become a believer that goes beyond “Seeing is believing”?
- How does the amazing access we have to the Word of God make us more responsible?
- Are there any areas in your own life where you are being indifferent to the things of God? Where might you need to repent?