Today’s passage: Matthew 11:25-30
- “These things” refers to the whole message…that Jesus is the Son of God, that the kingdom of God was at hand, that He is the savior of the world, etc.
- Jesus is testifying to His divinity in this passage. All things have been handed to Him and He is the only one who can reveal the Father because He is God.
- Remember: Having faith like a child does NOT mean you are gullible and innocent. It means you understand that you are totally reliant on someone else to provide for your basic need. Our faith in salvation and the provision of our salvation is totally dependent on Him!
Questions to consider:
- Why did the “wise and understanding” not understand and believe but “little children” did? What was the deciding factor?
- What does Jesus Christ give us rest from when we come to Him? How is His yoke and burden easy and light?
- How would this passage be applied to the idea of working to obtain salvation?