Today’s passage: Matthew 13:31-35
- The Parable of the Mustard Seed and the Parable of Leaven are coupled together to emphasize a similar point.
- The prophecy Jesus is fulfilling by speaking in parables is in Psalm 78:2.
- Remember, the little mustard seed and the little piece of leaven are the Kingdom of Heaven…not little things you can do to make the world a better place.
Questions to consider:
- What is the consistent feature of both parables?
- What do you think these parables mean? (They were shared together so go with one meaning)
- Why do you think the disciples did not come back and ask Jesus to explain these parables?