Today’s passage: Matthew 13:36-43
- Jesus shares with His disciples what each component of the parable represents.
- All causes of sin will be removed from the Kingdom at the end of the age!
- Hell is real. We don’t rejoice in anyone going to hell (Jude 23), but we don’t refuse to believe it either.
Questions to consider:
- Again, as was asked a few days ago, who are the planters in this field? Who are all the players in this battle? What part do we play in this parable?
- What will it be like to live forever with Christ where there aren’t even any causes of sin present? How amazing will that day be?
- How should the reality of Hell motivate us? Both in our own lives and in how we look at others?
- Jesus says again after this explanation, “He who has ears, let him hear.” The last time He said this was after sharing a parable. Is it possible to hear the explanation of a parable and STILL not understand/believe? What makes the difference? What has to happen (Beyond explanation) for a person to start understanding? (Hint: The answer is in these last few parables)