Today’s passage: Matthew 13:44-52
- The kingdom of heaven is worth everything.
- In verse 44, the kingdom is the treasure. In verse 45, the kingdom is the merchant searching for the treasure.
- The parable of the net is very similar to the parable of the wheat and the weeds.
- Jesus is speaking to His disciples in this passage. Jesus is telling them that they are the scribes (experts of the Scriptures) who are going to bring out (Spread the message) from what is old (Old Testament) and what is new (The teachings of Jesus, the New Testament).
Questions to consider:
- How do you value the kingdom of heaven? Is there anything in this world that you value higher? How would you be able to tell?
- What is the Bible compared to in verse 52? What makes the content of the Bible so valuable? When do we most appreciate its value?
- Who is the giver of all this treasure? How can this encourage you today?