Today’s passage: Matthew 24:15-31
- The abomination of desolation is recorded in Daniel 9:27. This is the work of the Anti-Christ at the mid-point of the Tribulation, bringing on what is called the Great Tribulation.
- When Jesus truly returns at the end of the Tribulation, it will not be mysterious. The world will know.
- This passage speaks of the elect being on the earth during the Tribulation, which calls into question the idea of the rapture occurring BEFORE the Tribulation begins. However, we know from other scripture that others will put their faith in Christ DURING the Tribulation. So, this passage does not necessarily speak to the timing of the rapture at all.
Questions to consider:
- How can the fact that Jesus knows exactly what is going to happen in the end give you confidence?
- Why are signs and wonders not to be taken automatically as indicators of God’s blessing?
- How are we to remain confident in the truth when others would want to show us alternative information (False doctrine)?