Today’s passage: Matthew 24:32-51
- There are/will be signs of the times…but those who reject Jesus Christ will not heed them. The world will continue to move forward as if nothing is wrong.
- “This generation” is not the generation of the disciples in Matthew 24. It is the generation that sees these end times. The events of the end leading up to Christ’s return will not take very long.
- This world will pass away. (See Revelation 21:1) But, Jesus’ words will never pass away.
- The wise servant, the true follower of Jesus Christ, will be found to be serving when Christ returns because that servant is serving continually, not waiting for the master to arrive in order to look good.
Questions to consider:
- How does the truth that Jesus’ words will never pass away help you to properly measure the value of anything this world has to offer?
- After reading the illustration of the Master’s servants, what do you think it means to be ready for His return? What do Christians do, how do they live, regardless of the time of Jesus’ second coming?