Today’s passage: Matthew 9:18-26
- There are two displays of faith in today’s passage.
- The woman was considered “unclean”. For her to reach out and touch someone who was “clean” was unacceptable. But remember, when Jesus touches, He makes things clean.
- Jesus now shows that He has authority even over death.
- His great authority was a comfort to those who had faith.
Questions to consider:
- How does Jesus’ interest in individuals over the crowds help you to think about relationships? How might that affect our idea of multiplication in the Great Commission?
- Why does Jesus’ authority as God the Son give comfort to those who have faith? Why would it be troublesome to those who don’t believe?
- How does Jesus’ power over death help us to see death differently?