Today’s passage: Philippians 4:8-9
- Our thinking shapes our affections and desires, which results in our action. In today’s two verses, we are encouraged to think and then to do.
- Websites and social media apps make money by occupying and engaging your mind. Christ has bought you (All of you) with a precious price.
- Peace comes not from a resolution of hardships or physical discomfort, but after our right thinking brings about Christ-honoring actions.
Questions to consider:
- What kinds of ways can you saturate your minds with things that pass the test of verse 8? What others things can you do in addition to Bible reading and prayer (Alone and with others) to continue to dwell on that which is true, honorable, just, etc.?
- How can you ensure you are using web-based or social media products as a tool for good instead of being used by them for their own interests? How could your use of those products help others to grow in applying today’s verses?
- In verse 9, discipleship is being both taught and caught (What you have “seen in me”). Who are you learning from by hearing and seeing? Who are you teaching/discipling?