Today’s passage: Psalm 11
- The grammatical tense of the verb for “take” refuge refers to a completed action with continual results.
- The idea of the first three verses is that of a counselor telling David to flee because of a surprise nighttime attack against God’s people.
- God sees everything in all people. The righteous are approved and the wicked are punished.
Questions to consider:
- Is the LORD ever caught off guard? Is there anything He doesn’t see? How can these truths give us hope and confidence?
- Why should this Psalm cause holy fear? How does the Gospel turn this Psalm from a message of sure damnation into a message of security and excitement?