Today’s passage: Psalm 18:1-24
- It is right to call upon the Lord during our troubles and after those troubles are resolved.
- It is great to know that God, through Christ, has wiped away our sin, given us grace and freedom to obey, and then rewards our obedience. All glory to God!
- David’s innocence stems specifically from that which he was accused of by his enemies. David knew he was not an all-together righteous man (Psalm 51)! But, in the things his enemies had accused him of, he was innocent.
Questions to consider:
- Why can it be so easy to pray to God when we are in a tough situation but then forget about Him when things are going well? What would that trend reveal about the desires of our heart?
- What promises has God made that give us total assurance that no sin against Him or against us will go unnoticed or unpunished? Including our own… (A little help: Romans 12:19, Revelation 20:11-15, Romans 3:21-27)